Saturday, April 30, 2022

St. John Chrysostom addressing Empress Eudoxia at the Synod of the Oak

According to OrthodoxWiki, "the Synod of the Oak was a local synod of the Church of Constantinople that was held in July 403 in the suburb of Chalcedon called “The Oak”. The synod resulted in the condemnation and deposition of John Chrysostom as Archbishop of Constantinople".

I happened to stumble across this interesting biography of St. John Chrysostom, split into chapters, on a Romanian Orthodox website. In chapter 7 on the Synod of the Oak St. John was called to answer for speaking insults against the Empress Eudoxia, it states the following:

"If I have spoken words of insult against my Lord Jesus, He will Himself punish me; but if it is about a man and even more so if it is about a woman, than for this thing I will not say any word."

Redpilled on the woman question.

Saint John Chrysostom and Empress Eudoxia, Jean-Paul Laurens,
1893

No comments:

Post a Comment